Re: [BKARTS] Making Paste (correction)

Oops – I just noticed that I made a mistake with the paste recipe I posted yesterday.  It should be 200ml of water, not 250ml.  So the corrected recipe is:

Mix 23g of wheat starch with 30ml of water.  Let that sit, stirring occasionally, while you bring 200ml of water to a boil.  Pour boiling water into starch slurry and mix quickly until smooth.  Then we store ours with a wet cloth on top for up to 3 days or so.  It'll need to be thinned for most applications.

Sandy Hempe

Conservator

Missouri State Archives

See http://www.philobiblon.com for full information