[BKARTS] Upcoming book exhibits in western Canada

Opening Thursday, March 1, and running through March 31, is "The Art of the Book" in Victoria, BC. From Friday, March 23 to Sunday, March 25, there will also be the Pacific Festival of the Book: check out their website (http://www.victoriaartsconnection.com) for details.

And as coincidence has it, opening the very next day and running through March 25 in Calgary, AB at Arts on Atlantic Gallery http://www.artsonatlantic.com (1331 - 9 Ave SE) is "The Book Arts Showcase," featuring handbound, artist & altered books by regional bookbinders and book artists.

Opening reception is this Saturday, March 3, from 1 - 4 p.m.

(Although I'm pretty new to the book arts world, I've actually got two books in the Victoria show and one here in Calgary. I know Lee Churchill, who also posts here, has something in the Calgary show as well -- Victoria too?)

I'm working on a web gallery with pictures, and will post a link for critiques when I get it ready for prime-time. :-)

Cheers
Linda