Re: [BKARTS] glue gun glue

Similarly:

The elementary school in which I work installed Purell dispensers everywhere, including at the door to the library, and it's school policy to have students douse their hands constantly.  I know I can't use it when I do "white work" (tatting and other lace-making) because it eventually browns the cotton, even if I wait until my hands are dry, so I'm somewhat concerned about the effect of purell on the books -- not that we have many special ones, but just curiosity in general.  Does anyone know about the archival-ness of Purell or other "water-free" hand sanitizers?

(Incidentally, although I can't stand the stuff, my doctor husband says it, like freedom, is "on the march" -- at the hospital, unless there's visible gunk such as blood, they don't wash their hands anymore, but only use Purell.)

--Marguerite Radhakrishnan

See http://www.philobiblon.com for full information