Re: [BKARTS] Purell

How funny to ponder the "archivalness" of hand cleaners. Purell is basically alcohol in a carrier, isn't it? It doesn't really clean your hands like soap does, as it has no surfactant that I'm aware of. So while it may act as a sanitizer, it's not necessarily getting the dirt off your hands... for which the best thing is still good old soap and water. Perhaps it's residual dirt that is getting your lacework and tatting brown?

John

John Cutrone Book Arts Coordinator The Arthur & Mata Jaffe Center for Book Arts Florida Atlantic University Wimberly Library Boca Raton, Florida http://www.jaffecollection.org