Re: [BKARTS] How to sign photographs - a further question

Hi Jules
Your posting prompted me to ask a question I have been wondering about for a while..in hope someone on the list might have experience with this ..when photographing walls of public graffiti..and then using the photos on/in books, do you have to gain copyright permission from any of the original artists. I have been asked to do a little picture book on "anger" and have found a great wall of public graffiti including bits of writing/verse in between the spray painted images..I would like to use it in a cover design but am uncertain if there are any copyright issues. Can the original graffiti artist pop up and say "Hey, that's my wall art" ... anyone have any experience with this...?
Thanks for sharing Anita's photos. I particularly liked the washing over the graffiti in the lane..
best
Jessica