From: "Michael Andrews"
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] how to sign photos
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:44:43 -0800

Alright, another 2 cents

I sign the border of the print in pen, on the left the title and year taken, followed by number and limit, on the right the signature and date printed.
I sign the mat exactly the same way in pencil so the signature is visible when framed but can be removed because the print itself is signed.
Finally, using the laser jet, I make a standard label of authentification: title, dates, numbers, limits and signature and generally put it on the back of the mat, sometimes on the back of the print, although label glue is archivally suspect.

there you have it.

michael