Re: [BKARTS] More info about a nipping press

On Mar 5, 2007, at 7:24 PM, Helen Scarth wrote:

Visible on the base are the remains of a manufacturer's decal in the
shape of an oval. Along the top I can make out "World's Columbian
....", the name Gates or Cates in the middle and "Chicago 18XX" along
the bottom.

Well, that would be the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893. Sorry I can't offer more information on the press in specific, but the World's Columbian Exposition was a wonderful opportunity for people all over the world to showcase the latest in arts, technology, and science. There's lots of information available about the WCE on the web, so I hope this hint helps some...

Kathy G