Re: [BKARTS] problems with new digest

Hi All,

I am on the digest (love just one email a day), I am also on a Mac (1.3.9) and use Safari (1.3.2). the new html digest, which is a giant improvement over the non html version, thank you Peter.
Here is what I see:
First is a table of contents with each topic and number of postings on that topic, then comes a table of contents that repeats the TOC but has each posting listed. Then comes the entire digest. Clicking on any topic in the first TOC will bring up the entire digest in the browser window, as opposed to the mail window, a bit redundant. Clicking on any posting listed in the second TOC will bring up just that posting, useful if for replying to that posting, then you don't have to remember to remove all the other postings.

The one little thing that bugs my need for order and consistency (but I can live with it) is the fact that all the messages are in different fonts and sizes, I presume this form of digests keeps the format of what the mail is written in. Also note that all I did was make the change via the listserv, I did nothing to my browser or mail program (AOL).

Cheers, Jill

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press
Handcrafted artist books,
one of a kind and small editions,
miniature and not so miniature.
www.mysticalplaces.com
Publisher of Artist Book News

From:lpmscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:problems with new digest
Date:

hi all---- I just set my bookarts subscription to digest, to get the html listing with links to each message, organized by thread. the digest message cones, and looks completely organized--- what appear to be live links to every message---unfortunately i can't open any of the links. i'm on a mac using safari and mac mail---- anyone using those successfully or have any ideas about why i can't open them? i get an error message saying "Mail was unable to open the URL “cid:-13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”;. No associated application could be found." that's unusual---- mac mail can usually open anything. 

any ideas? 

leeanne 

________________________________________________________________________
AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.
=0

***********************************************
  For the HTML digest send "set book_arts-l mail html digest" without
                  the "" to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For the traditional digest send "set book_arts-l mail digest" without the ""
                     to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx