Re: [BKARTS] Confusion

Velma,

Indeed, I am the proud daughter of my dear parents, Kate Mathews (now, of Folkwear Patterns) and Rob Pulleyn (now, of pulleystudio.com), who started Lark Books and Fiberarts Magazine. As they say, "the apple don't fall too far from the tree" y'know. I've got my own business, Galax Press, and I'm currently the co-chair of the board of the Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center.

We'd love to offer more paper classes through BookWorks!!! We're a bit limited with space (no floor drains, no beater, press, etc). I will be teaching a class called Papermaking: Everything But the Kitchen Sink, hosted at Warren Wilson College, where I teach from time to time. That's where we could host a class of yours. Let's get a proposal from you, first.

Send me your mailing address and we'll send the proposal guidelines your way. Asheville is a vibrant, eclectic town full of amazing people, good food, extraordinary artists, and fantastic outdoor opportunities. It's also the home of BookWorks, an ever-evolving book arts learning center.

Thanks for your interest,

Micah Pulleyn

Program Director

www.ashevillebookworks.com
BookWorks
428 1/2 Haywood Road
Asheville, NC  28806
828-255-8444 - studio / gallery

On Mar 7, 2007, at 3:45 PM, velma bolyard wrote:

Hi Micah,
Might you be related to Rob? From Fiberarts?

Anyway, I thought I'd check in regarding teaching... I'm a fiber/paper/book artist who specializes in making and teaching plant papermaking. My papers have been in editions published by Caliban and Warwick Presses, and an article about my home mill Wake Robin is in the current Bonefolder. I know you have other papermakers in your area... but you never know. (I am also a teacher--special ed EH kids.) I've never been to N Carolina, but Asheville comes highly recommended.

Let me know if you might be interested.

Regards,
Velma Bolayrd

***********************************************
For the HTML digest send "set book_arts-l mail html digest" without
the "" to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For the traditional digest send "set book_arts-l mail digest" without the ""
to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*********************************************** For all your subscription questions, go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive. See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information For the HTML digest send "set book_arts-l mail html digest" without the "" to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For the traditional digest send "set book_arts-l mail digest" without the "" to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ***********************************************