[BKARTS] IMPORTANT: HTML DIGEST

Due to persistent problems with the display of the HTML digest and related issues I have made the decision to return to NO HTML in postings effective immediately. I thus advise all those who switched to the HTML DIGEST to reset their options to the TRADITIONAL version.

To do that, send:

set book_arts-l mail digest

to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Due to the plethora of email programs being used and subscriber posting habits, I will no longer be able to provide assistance in posting. Please make sure your messages are clean and that you are not sending HTML or otherwise formatted text (such as copying from a word processor and pasting into an email message). All these things determine how your messages will be displayed. It is your responsibility to understand how your software works. Thank you for understanding.

I was hoping the change to HTML would make life easier and messages more attractive. It has backfired horrendously. I have no regrets for trying. Listserv may be arcane, but it has served this list well.

Let's hope we can now all get past this topic and back to books (in whatever form, and no an email isn't a book).

Thank you for your patience.

Peter

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC