[BKARTS] Hewit Newsletter - 'Skin Deep' No.23 - Spring 2007

***Please excuse the cross-posting of this message***

To our Customers and Friends.

We are pleased to announce the publication of Skin Deep, Vol.23, Spring 2007 at: http://www.hewit.com/skindeep.htm

Tsbook - (Tigrinya for Good) - An Ethiopian Odyssey - and the repair of the illuminated pages of the 6th century Gospel of Abba Garima by Mark Winstanley. To go directly to this article click http://www.hewit.com/sd23-tsb.htm

The Dating of Gold-Tooled Bindings - Ian Andrews has researched the characteristics of gold tooled decoration on leather bindings and his findings show that one is able to make relatively precise estimates of the date of a binding by detailed examination of certain aspects of its gold decoration. To go directly to this article click http://www.hewit.com/sd23-fin.htm

Don't Tell me I'm a Bookbinder - Did Nigel Jury (recent editor of the Society of Bookbinders Newsletter) bite off more than he could chew when he attended a village hall for a talk on bookbinding? To go directly to this article click http://www.hewit.com/sd23-jur.htm

And last, but not least, there are the usual regular features:
'Product & Company News' - http://www.hewit.com/sd23-comp.htm
'Study Opportunities' - http://www.hewit.com/sd23-stdy.htm
'Dates for your Diary' - http://www.hewit.com/sd23-date.htm

A full .pdf file of this edition (and back issues) of Skin Deep may be downloaded from the 'Downloads' page on our web site at: http://www.hewit.com/downloads.htm

We hope that you enjoy reading this offering of Skin Deep

Happy reading

David

David Lanning Sale Director

J. Hewit & Sons Ltd.