From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of gina
wischmeyer
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 11:13 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Portable bookbinding equipment - request for advice

Dear list members --

As a student of bookbinding, I have learned a lot from reading the list.
Thanks to all of you who so freely share your knowledge and expertise.  So
I'm hoping you can help me out with some product information.

I will be spending a month this summer in northern Michigan.  I would love
to be able to do some bookbinding while I'm there, so  I was looking on the
web for some portable equipment to take with me.  I found the "Bindery in a
Box", the Jordan-Dehoff Student Press and the Timothy Moore Compact Lying
Press with Tub and Plow.  Does anyone have any experience with any of these
products, or information about others that I should consider?  I have
brass-edged boards and could use some large lake stones to make do for a
book press, but I'd like something for rounding and backing.  Also, I've
never used a plow, but I've heard that it's difficult to get satisfactory
results...?

Any advice on these questions would really be appreciated!

Many thanks!

gina wischmeyer

"traditional" version by sending "set book_arts-l mail digest" without the
""
                      to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx