Re: [BKARTS] Portable book press

From:    Barbara Simler <bsimler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Portable bookbinding equipment

Hi Dave,=20
Where do you get your melamine coated boards? I asked about buying some at
my local hardware store, but they just looked at me like = I was crazy and
suggested I buy some big (and expensive) pieces of countertop.

Cheers,
Barbara

I bought a piece of melamine board intended for book shelves.  I believe it
was 12" x 36".  I was able to cut it at the 12" and 24" mark to make (3)
12x12 pieces.  Of which, I use 2, and 2 C-Clamps for a portable book press.

I think the board was only a couple of $$'s.  I've been using this for over
10 years.!!

Kathie/San Diego