To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 2:12 PM
Subject: [BKARTS] Portable bookbinding equipment - request for advice

Dear list members --

As a student of bookbinding, I have learned a lot from reading the list. Thanks to all of you who so freely share your knowledge and expertise. So I'm hoping you can help me out with some product information.

I will be spending a month this summer in northern Michigan. I would love to be able to do some bookbinding while I'm there, so I was looking on the web for some portable equipment to take with me. I found the "Bindery in a Box", the Jordan-Dehoff Student Press and the Timothy Moore Compact Lying Press with Tub and Plow. Does anyone have any experience with any of these products, or information about others that I should consider? I have brass-edged boards and could use some large lake stones to make do for a book press, but I'd like something for rounding and backing. Also, I've never used a plow, but I've heard that it's difficult to get satisfactory results...?

Any advice on these questions would really be appreciated!

Many thanks!

gina wischmeyer

--------------------------------- It's here! Your new message! Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.

to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx