Re: [BKARTS] the most beautiul book in the world..

The poem/tulip field phenomenon is, I would guess, an example of fore-edge painting. A good explanation and image are here http://magazine.byu.edu/?act=view&a=580&p=237 . If you search google images with "fore-edge painting" you'll see lots of examples. (We have a sizable collection of fore-edge painting books at the library where I work.)

Michele C.

jessica syme wrote:
This is a link to an article in the International Herald Tribune about Irma Boom. Dubbed "the most beautiful book in the world."
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/03/18/business/DESIGN19.php
The colours look wonderful and the article says that it displays a tulip field when viewed one way and a Dutch poem the other..I am not sure what this means..has anyone seen this book?
Jess
jess.sy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx