Re: [BKARTS] epson stylus pro 3800

Thanks for the info.  I'm using an R2400. A minor point, the cartridges for the R2400 can be had for $13.00 each from places like Dell, if you call direct.  Also, supposedly one can take empties to Staples and receive a $3.00 credit for each cart.
     The ink density that you mentioned could be caused, in part, by using uncoated paper (not pre-prepared for ink jet use).  The K3 inks were designed, in part, for more or less "archival" prints primarily with the prepared papers.  I was skeptical when I first thought of getting it because I'm used to a high Dmax from being a wet darkroom photographer.  I was blown away by the DMax I got from the R2400, especially the printer driven B&W settings, there incredible with the Velvet Fine Art paper (100% cotton).
     I assume you know that you can adjust the ink density in the advanced print menu under ink settings at the bottom of the dialog page.  If you like the 3800, you should check out the Epson V750 Pro scanner.

Bruce