Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 25 Mar 2007 to 26 Mar 2007 (#2007-85)

RE; Removing Tape Residue

I'm not a conservator.   However, these are two methods I use when I need to
remove tape residue on books (admittedly not very old books):
1.   Design kneaded rubber erasers are great for removing lots of things such
as residue, pencil lines,etc. (They are grey, can be found in any art supply
store)
2.   Instead of an xacto knife, I sometimes use a stainless steel thin
palette knife - good for scraping and won't cut the paper.

cj