[BKARTS] Ideas to make tree bark flat and more durable?

Hello,

I recently found some lovely pieces of eucalyptus bark that I'd like to
flatten and use as pages or covers for a book.
Any ideas on the best way to do this? The pieces are currently rather curly
and I'm afraid if I just press them they will crack.
Any other info on using bark in books is appreciated.

Thanks,

~Ginger