[BKARTS] Book Display Question

Hi out there,

I am about to exhibit some books, and seek advice/ideas for display solutions.
It is a public space, so the books must be enclosed.
No cases available, so I must make something myself.
The books are about 9x8 inches closed, but unfold accordion-fashion
to at least 9x72 inches.
I am thinking of making a narrow shelf with plexiglas
on the front, top and sides.

Any thoughts, experiences, suggestions much appreciated,
Andie

Andie Thrams
PO Box 304
Coloma CA 95613