Re: [BKARTS] glue

Your responses have been really interesting and helpful. When I make
hardbound books, I'm always careful to make sure the grain of the paper and
binder's board are parallel to the spine, but my understanding (and correct
me if I'm wrong) is that handmade paper doesn't have a grain that runs in
one particular direction. So when I glue a label (made from machine-made
paper) to a piece of handmade paper that I'm using as a cover for a stab
bound book, I make sure that the grain of the label paper runs
perpendicular, but I don't worry about the grain of the handmade paper.

I'd assumed that the warping problem I'm having is due to moisture in the
glue, but are there also "grain issues" involved in adhering machine made
paper to handmade paper that I should be thinking about?

Barbara

Barbara Simler
Moon Bindery
Kamloops, BC