Re: [BKARTS] glue

When indoor model airplane builders adhere thin tissue to the delicate balsa framework of a flying surface, most particularly the wing tips, the rear rudder, and stabilizer, there is a need to avoid inadvertent warping of the structure. To prevent warping there is a need to "pre shrink" the tissue. The tissue's edge is taped to a sturdy frame and misted numerous times. released from the frame, re-applied to the frame in a slack manner and misted again. This breaks down the "greater" pull that the fibers will exert when applied to the airplane's framework. This is most important as uncontrolled warped surfaces cause uncontrolled flight.

Leonard Seastone

Hmmmm, I think I'll print a broadside of that: "Uncontrolled warped surfaces cause uncontrolled flight."

The Tideline Press
68 Brook Street
West Sayville, New York 11796

631.589.5706