Re: [BKARTS] glue

One solution which hasn't yet been mentioned is one I learned
from Gary Frost, many years ago.

Brush the PVA on through a piece of fiberglas window screen.

This leaves a pattern of dots of adhesive.  Much less moisture,
way more than enough adhesive to bond, less swelling, etc.

And if I'm not mistaken, the 'doping' used on early fabric
covered airplanes was collodion.  Very strong, smooth, and
highly flammable.  Also used in wet-plate photography.

Jack

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217