Re: [BKARTS] Glue

Try 50% PVA and 50% methyl cellulose . . . .  see if that might work.
Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Andie Thrams
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:37 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Glue

Hi,

I am finding this glue discussion really helpful. I have a glue question
of my own to ask:

I have been experimenting with adding wheat paste to PVA for my
books. I like the
extended open time of the wheat paste. But, I have run into things
not adhering
as well quite as well when I add the wheat paste, something I never
have had a problem with when using PVA alone.
This has happened when gluing tyvek to paper and also to book cloth.
I have been combining
wheat paste to PVA in proportions of about 1:3.

Any advice on this most welcome.

Also interested in other's experiences painting/coloring/staining,
etc. on tyvek.
Wondering about favorite media for applying color to tyvek, and what
are the
pros and cons of different ways...

Thanks,
Andie Thrams