Re: [BKARTS] Lesley Dill

Thank you!

Mina Takahashi <minatakahashi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Lesley Dill was interviewed by Arlene Raven in Hand Papermaking
magazine, vol. 15, no. 2 (Winter 2000). She discusses her artistic
philosophy about working with paper. In addition, Lesley Dill was Hand
Papermaking's 20th anniversary commissioned artist for "Paper in
Flight" in 2006. To celebrate the magazine's 20th birthday, Lesley
produced a 10-foot , producing a 10-foot handmade paper kite in
collaboration with Gail Deery of Maryland Institute College of Art and
Scott Skinner of the Drachen Foundation. The project is highlighted in
the 20th anniversary full-color issue of Hand Papermaking magazine,
vol. 21, no.1 (Summer 2006). You can obtain copies of these issues from
Hand Papermaking's website: www.handpapermaking.org.

Lesley has produced editioned works with Dieu Donné Papermill in NYC
and with Pyramid-Atlantic in Silver Spring, MD. You can contact these
organizations for more information. She regularly prints with Landfall
Press, now located in Santa Fe.

George Adams Gallery is the best place to receive general information
about her work.

Good luck,
Mina Takahashi, Editor, Hand Papermaking

On Apr 15, 2007, at 12:00 AM, BOOK_ARTS-L automatic digest system wrote:

> Topics of the day:
>
> 1. looking for lesley dill (2)
> 2. Society of Marbling Annual 2006 now available online.
> 3. MultiLith 1/C 1250 Chute Printing Press

> Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
> See for full information

> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 13:49:56 -0400
> From: edward van Vliet
> Subject: looking for lesley dill
>
> anyone know where i can find some books that focus (more or less) on
> her work? the few galleries representing her don't have much either.
> abebooks.com proved inadequate. help.
>
> pleez...
>

> edward
>

> ---------------------------------
> Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email
> the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

> Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
> See for full information
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:51:17 -0400
> From: Abigail Uhteg
> Subject: Re: looking for lesley dill
>
> We worked with her last year -- she's represented by George Adams
> Gallery in NYC. Try asking them.
>
> ___________________________________
> Abigail Uhteg
> Associate Coordinator, Dolphin Press & Print
> Maryland Institute College of Art
> 1300 Mount Royal Avenue
> Baltimore, MD 21217
> 410.225.2318
>

> On Apr 14, 2007, at 1:49 PM, edward van Vliet wrote:
>
>> anyone know where i can find some books that focus (more or less)
>> on her work? the few galleries representing her don't have much
>> either. abebooks.com proved inadequate. help.
>>
>> pleez...
>>

>> edward
>>

>> ---------------------------------
>> Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk
>> email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

>> Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
>> See for full information
> Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
> See for full information
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 18:12:05 -0400
> From: Jake Benson
> Subject: Society of Marbling Annual 2006 now available online.
>
> Note: Please forgive any cross-postings of this message.
>
> The Society of Marbling is an international organization devoted to =20
> the art of marbling (including paper marbling) and related arts. Our
> =20
> publication, the 2006 Annual, is now featured on the Society of =20
> Marbling website:
>

> This year, the publication is only made available as an electronic =20
> PDF file available by subscription. First published as a newsletter
> =20
> in 2003, this issue of the Annual includes 49 color images, and many
> =20
> hyperlinks to a variety of websites. Subscriptions cost $15 and can =20
> be paid for by printing and mailing the order form posted on the =20
> [...]
See for full information