[BKARTS] (anti)book artists

just found an interesting site by a photographer who alters books by soaking them in tubs and photographing the alterations: http://www.carabarer.com/index.php.

  this stirred the question: what other book artists make destroying or almost destroying books their primary mode of book art? i immediately think of john latham and dieter rot. but there are obviously many more (and i'm drawing a blank). any suggestions?

In essentials, unity. In nonessentials, liberty. In all things, charity. - Augustine

[When looking at art,] we must use our eyes. We must look, and go on looking till we have certainly seen exactly what is there. We sit down before the picture in order to have something done to us, not that we may do things with it. The first demand any work of any art makes upon us is surrender. Look. Listen. Receive. Get yourself out of the way. (There is no good asking first whether the work before you deserves such a surrender, for until you have surrendered you cannot possibly find out.) ? C.S. Lewis, An Experiment in Criticism