Re: [BKARTS] Bookart?

Definitions, or agreement on what is meant, also let us communicate efficiently. Most arguments in my experience come down to semantics.
If I curate an exhibition using Marnie's terms, and I called for Book Arts, it would imply, as does the title of this list, an inclusive set of works that relates to the book form, presumably created with visually esthetic goals. Please no flames on the definition of art! that is another can of worms. I would however, add some terms that I have found useful;
Fine Press Printing: in that tradition, implies editions,
Artist's Books: May be editions or one of a kind, Riva Castleman's "A Century of Artists Books" has many good examples, but then there is Printed Matter in New York!

I identify myself as a printmaker who also is involved with fine press printing,
my wife as a book artist who creates and alters books.
Cheers,
Charlie

presented