[BKARTS] Memphis Book Society

I wanted to let members know of a newly formed organization, the
yet-to-be-creatively named Memphis Book Society. Interested parties can
join our mailing list on the web at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/memphisbooks/

The Memphis Book Society is a Memphis, Tennessee based group of book
collectors and printing history aficionados. The mailing list is used to
coordinate events, share minutes of meetings, and share local, regional,
and national information of interest. Collectors, book historians,
dealers, librarians, archivists, book designers, book makers, binders,
printers, and conservators are all welcome and encouraged to join us for
bi-monthly meetings.

Please forward this announcement on to anyone who might be interested.
There is a dearth of book organizations in a region, and we're planning
activities that extend well beyond the Memphis area throughout the
greater mid-south.

Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Elise Lauterbach
Department of English
Rhodes College