Re: [BKARTS] bookart

If Amy is correct then Blech seems a bit Ludistic,
if it should turn out that Ludistic is a word.
If not, it seems there is a real need for it.

There just seems to be no rational reason for Blech
if you assume that technological advances and media
revolutions such as Holographic books
do not have to replace or even supplant the good
old technologies and media we know and love
such as books and black and white movies.

Personally I am with you. I will always prefer a paper and print book to electronics media,
but it does not argue against the value of that media.
Just the democratization factor alone is worth the ticket.

And, lest we forget, the printing press was at one time
just such a revolutionary media advancement.

No doubt there were folks who claimed
to prefer a good old fashioned scribe written book.
Who wouldn't? But you have admit that if it were not
for the printing press most of us today would not know a book
from a pitchfork. We simply would have no access to scribe written
tomes of any interest. If, that is, we actually knew how to read.

And I'll bet that regularity of typography
and lack of illumination
gave some sensitive folks a migraine headache
and they had to confine their reading to quill lettering,
vellum and the censorship of the Church's
mind police. I can't imagine Moby Dick
being copied out in some religious scriptorium.

Who know what works of genius await media
as yet unheard of.

There's that dangling of again.

michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hutchinson, Amy C" <amy-hutchinson@xxxxxxxxx>