Re: [BKARTS] [Book Arts] Using Text

Alice

Probably quotes. The ellipsis though would only be used per interruption, beginning or end. I think you could just describe as it as it is in the colophon. Another way of treating the quotes is typographically. Using a second color (thus not requiring quotes) or a different typographic treatment for the character's dialog (different sized type, different style of type, etc). Bit of trick to make it work though.

Don't know why I thought of this per this post and not quite what you need but just a thought. It might be worthwhile looking at how either Eugene Ionesco (in Bald Soprano) or Lehrer/Bernstein (in French Fries) dealt with text from "multiple" characters.

Gerald
http://BielerPress.blogspot.com

Oh, Learned Ones,
I'm developing a unique book based and inspired by a character in a play and using portions of her dialog. The text is sequential, but selective and incomplete.

• How would I punctuate these quotes?
• Would pages have quotation marks at beginning and end of dialog segments?

• Should there be "... (quotation mark, dot, dot, dot) at the start of the each individual quote?

• How would I describe this use of portions of dialog/text in my colophon?

Thanks,
Alice
A L I C E S I M P S O N
C L A Y & B O O K S