[BKARTS] Please remove my name from the list. Thank you, Eugene S. Canevari

Richard Minsky <minsky@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  With all the current hullabaloo here about whether a virtual book is
a book, you might be interested to know that The Center for Book
Arts is building The Book Art Museum in Second Life.

A rough 3D draft of the building is in place now at the Center for
Book Arts Campus in Second Life:

The building will be shaped like a book, with raised bands on the
spine that are balconies.

Other buildings on the parcel include book production studios where
we will be conducting classes in SL book making (yes, you can make
books in Second Life that look and act like codices, with pages that
turn, etc.)..A THiNC Press and a NeoBook are already in one of the
studios. These are book production devices, and we will be offering
classes in how to use them.

You also can make accordion books, flag books, and just about any
other kind of structure, including ones that are not possible on
Terra. We intend to explore all the bookmaking possibilities in the Metaverse.

We also will be conducting distance learning programs of real-world
bookmaking, book art history, and other courses, with guest
lecturers, streaming audio and video.

Best regards,

Richard
[ArtWorld Market]