From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Pickafight Books
Sent: Friday, 27 April 2007 12:53 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] bookart

Again Michael, you have insulted every visual artist on this post. Portraits
ARE historical documents. Paintings ARE historical documents. Etchings ARE
documents. Yes, they are subject to all the inaccuracies of the author,
trends of the time just as books are etc.

Let us consider Van Eyck's Arnolfini Marriage with that 'signature in the
mirror'. By some it is considered to be a legal document - as his signature
is seen as the 'witnessing of a shotgun wedding'. This is a work that is
prolifically described as a legal document come artistic masterpiece.

Textuality goes beyond words. Again I would argue, you do not understand the
language of materials, and their application and cultural significance in
the plastic arts. It also seems a number of years of Textual theory has
passed you by.

Looking is NOT disinterested. When you look, you learn. Children prove that
everyday.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Williams
Pickafight Books