[BKARTS] Folding medieval medical book

Good day all,

I'm trying to find information and sources for photographs of a type of  book
that was carried by doctors in the Middle Ages. The book has  pages that fold
into a small strip that made it easy to carry. I've got one book  that has a
photo and brief caption, but doesn't say where the photo is from or  what
collection the book is in. (I'd like to get a photograph I can use in a  book I am
writing.)

Also, I somewhere got the idea in my head that this type of book was called
a vade mecum, but I'm not sure where I got the idea. I do know that there  are
codex form books called or titled vade mecums, but I have this  vague idea
that the folded medieval medical books were the original vade  mecums.  Am I
right? Or have I accidentally made up a book history  "urban legend" -- as in a
story that sounds good, but is not true?

I'd very much appreciate anything any of you kind & knowledgeable  people can
tell me.

Thanks,

Sally Canzoneri