Re: [BKARTS] bookart

Hi Michael

Apparently the discussion has waned as quotes of smug sloganism have taken over this thread. A pity.

Hope you are doing well.

The "hood" is always open for visitation. What have you been up to? Didn't get much of a chance to see your new work at Codex.

Gerald

Hey Gerald

Fancy meeting you here.

You are ever so right. No doubt the instigators of the printing press had no more idea of the cultural impact they were implementing than the early inventors of the web did.

The Church, just like the corporate and oligarchic backers of the web, probably were thinking that they were funding a useful means of mind control, when in fact they were making it possible for Moby Dick and The Stranger. Free thinking reared its ugly head, oh my.

But you hit the proverbial nail on the metaphoric head with idea that the notion of reading then is not the notion of reading now.
No telling how those pesky notions will alter in the face of electronic media. And that bears some scrutiiny.

But it is not the forcing of contemporary values as anachronisms that is at issue, it is the historical record of media change and its cultural impact that needs to be understood.
There is something to be gained from that or we wouldn't be having such issues under so much discussion.

See you in the hood.

michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@xxxxxxx>