Re: [BKARTS] Airbrush and Clay Coated Endpapers

Bob,
Good Work!
I'm not sure what the chemists will say about acrylics, but I have used a similar technique to make some facsimile endpapers, and the results were superb. One small modification was to mist the paper first to relax it which might permit an even more uniform application of the color. And, in some of my examples, the acrylic color penetrated through the paper irregularly, thus producing an antique look on the plain back where it faced the original text.
The resulting paper can be roughened (as you have done) or polished (burnished) for a better match to the original.
Bill Minter