From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lee
Churchill
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:47 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] swifters

My understanding - though I can't remember where I heard this - is that
Swifters (Swiffers?) use a coating of mineral oil as the
attractant/trapping mechanism for dust particles, so if that is correct
then no, you wouldn't want to use it on items being conserved.

But if my memory/understanding is incorrect I would love to hear about
it because I gave up using them at home for fear of building up mineral
oil deposits on my floors.

Lee

accidentally) that swifter refills work beautifully to pick up residue
from drafting powder.  Should I stop using this product or a similar
product on items to be deacidified and encapsulated?

Best,

Jane

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may otherwise be privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. This footnote also confirms that this email has been scanned for all viruses by the Hampton University?s Center for Information Technology Enterprise Systems service.