Re: [BKARTS] swifters

From: Sharlane Gubkin <sxg7@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Ellie,
you can post this to the list:

I contacted Proctor and Gamble's health line about their Swiffer dry duster products and told the woman there that there was a big discussion on the Book Art list serve about the proprietary ingredients that were not listed on their MSDS sheets. I informed her that no one in the conservation or library field would use them if they did not know if the product could be harmful to the objects they work with, and asked if she would just tell me if there were any petroleum products in the coating. She then confirmed that they ARE coated with mineral oil or a similar substance. Therefore they would not be appropriate for use on artwork or books and paper, or even dusting book shelves!
Submitted