Re: [BKARTS] swifters

A VERY important thing to remember is that many of the products we would like to use as conservators are not designed with conservation applications in mind and can be very detrimental in the long (or even short) term. Even in paper products such as board, the market for materials that meet conservation specs are a drop in the bucket to the paper mills. Formulations are proprietary and seldom shared, msds sheets don't tell the whole story either. We see products that we would like to use and some of them may well be suitable, so we try them. We are liable when using those not thorougly tested by professionals, not the manufacturer. Be very careful, especially when working with other's artifacts.

Peter

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>