[BKARTS] Seattle Book cloth

 Hi Roberta,

For such a big city, I think Seattle is somewhat lacking in book arts resources. I have found some pieces of book cloth at Utrecht, not much of a selection and already cut in pieces. I'd call first to see if it is worth the trouble to visit. The Turtle Press use to have a store in Ballard, but they have focused on web sales although they have an Outpost (see quote below), but they had book cloth, And I think University book store in the art department has book cloth, they also have some nice papers. and? scapel blades if you use them.

Utrecht Art Supplies
1124 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101
Phone: (206) 382-9696

University Booksore
4326 University Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
206 634-3400
Toll Free: 1 800-335-READ
Fax: 206 634-0810
ubsbooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Turtle Press
http://www.turtlearts.com/store.html
After 6 1/2 years of having a shop in Ballard, we are closing the Turtle Press Studio & Store. We will still be able to bring you all the creativity you need, through our web site (http://www.turtlearts.com). We'll also have a smaller Outpost that will be open by appointment, or for "will call" pickups for orders you place by phone or through the web site. So, we'll definitely still be around. We just won't have the store part of our business anymore. Feel free to call, email, or stop us on the street if you need anything from us.

If you find any other sources, please let me know.

Cheers, Jill

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press
Handcrafted artist books,