Re: [BKARTS] guillotines

Chad,

Do you happen to have the part of the guillotine handle that broke off 40+ years ago? If so, you may be able to find an adventurous welder who would try his or her hand at repairing it. When our 30" Brown & Carver arrived here in Lake Worth from Portland, Maine with a broken handle, we called a local welder.

"We have a paper cutter with a broken handle," Seth said. "Do you think you can fix it?"

"Of course!" the welder said. "Bring it over."

We did. Apparently the welder was expecting the handle to a small tabletop papercutter you might find in a school classroom, because when we walked in with two pieces that amount to 65 inches of cast iron, his mouth dropped. He had strong doubts as to whether the weld would hold. But it did. He fixed it, and the thing works like a charm.

Good luck.
John

"Thank you, and write when you can."
 Convivio Bookworks
 Inspired goods from around the globe and close to home...
 Books and broadsides, made by hand in Lake Worth, Florida.
 http://www.conviviobookworks.com