From: Scott Kellar <skkellar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 4:18 pm
Subject: Peller pop-up box

I met the late Hugo Peller at a GBW Standards seminar many years ago when he was
demonstrating gold leaf tooling. He had a sample of a pop-up box that he had
designed which caused the book to rise from a slipcase as you opened the outer
shell. He apparently taught a workshop in New England in 1987 about this 'trick
#99'. Does anyone have any instructions/diagrams/samples on this technique?
Thanks.

Scott Kellar

Scott K. Kellar
Bookbinding & Conservation