[BKARTS] Paste Papers with Methyl Cell?

I've usually used corn or rice starch, etc., as a base for making paste papers, and they take a very long time to dry.
If I use methyl cellulose instead, will it dry faster? How much faster? I've got a class coming up and I need something that will speed up the process a bit.
Is there a standard recipe for making up Methyl cell before adding the colorants? (I usually use Golden acrylics).
Thanks.
Virginia-----in the humid South.