[BKARTS] Impressions from Action/Interaction?

Dear Book_Arts-L,

I'm keen to find out what people made of the Action/Interaction conference
in Chicago recently. What worked? What didn't? What was new?

I liked the notions that kept popping up about extending (or renewing?) the
discourse of book arts practice to engage more with what's going on around
us. I'm sure we're all doing that all the time. I engage like heck, myself.
But how can we talk about it so that people in other fields can see the
value of what we're doing in more widely-understood critical terms? How can
we make book art work that it is vital to know about in order to understand
contemporary art? Is that an impossible dream? (Sorry for the Man of La
Mancha-ness of that last sentence).

(disclosure- I led a discussion session at this conference entitled 'Beyond
Artifacts: Book Arts as Practice'.)

All the best,
Andrew Eason
www.andreweason.com