Re: [BKARTS] Guy de Cointet or Art/Life

Dear Judith,

I wish that I could get a look at ACRCIT. The qualities of displacement
check out if we switch the palm trees for polar bears, switch the letters
around, and get 'ARCTIC'. Presto change-o! (I'm pretty sure I'm just being
led down a false cryptographic trail, but I think we should all imagine what
the prize might have been, anyway.)

Thank you, Judith for alerting us to the performance at the Tate.
Unfortunately I think I'll be in Sheffield around the 30th, but I'd love to
hear from anyone who *can* attend. By the way, congratulations on the 300th
UmbrellaNewsheet digest!

de Cointet seemed, by this report at least, to be someone who was able to
make his life and his practice into the same thing. Are there any book
artists out there who are doing the same thing? Or does our dialectic of
'containment' as it applies to books somehow prevent that from happening? *How
are people on the list cross-fertilising art and life?*

All the best,

Andrew Eason
www.andreweason.com