[BKARTS] problems using Schaefer gold foil

I recently purchased a 2" roll of real gold foil from Ernest Schaefer, which
I use to hand foil and also with my Kwikprint machine. Before, I used Swift
foil with no problems, but now, this new foil is giving me fits. It either
blurs or doesn't adhere at all. I have played with the temperature in all
different ways, with the Kwikprint and the handtools, and can't get a good
impression no matter what I do.

Is it the foil? Or is this particular foil so sensitive the heat has to be
exact? If you use it, what heat for Kwikprint and what dwell time for hand
tools do you use?

I am, at this point, ready to call him and ask for a replacement. Or, of
course, just dive in and use gold leaf with all applications, expensive
though it may be.

Thank you,

Beth Stegenga
Paternoster Row Books