Re: [BKARTS] ring binding

Kristen,

You purchased the 3 ring mechanism from our new website (just launched last
week), which we have not updated with the instructions on how to use them.
Here are the instructions which we had listed our old site and we will make
sure get update on our new.

Instructions for setting rivets to secure 3 ring mechanisms:

Each three ring mechanism comes with 2 rivets. Use the rivet set tool to
secure in place in the following manner:

1. After covering the board with cover material, place the 3 ring mechanism
on the spine or board where you want it to be riveted.

2. Using an awl, mark the exact position through the two holes in the
mechanism.

3.  Remove the mechanism and make holes in these two locations by pushing
the awl through the board, widening it enough so that the rivets can just
slide through. (A 1/8 inch hole punch may be used in place of an awl and
will make a cleaner hole.)

4.  Place the rivets in the holes and then place the ring mechanism over the
rivets.  (The top portion of the rivet should be slightly exposed above the
mechanism.)

5.  Using a heavy hammer, place the rivet tool over the rivet and hit down
on it several times to set the rivet.  Hit it firmly and straight on.

Note: If doing this for the first time, it may be a good idea to purchase an
extra three ring mechanism to practice with.

Hope this helps!

Tom Hollander

Hollander's
410 N Fourth Ave