[BKARTS] Cennini

I have become curious about something. There are a some translations of Il Libro dell' Arte by Cennino Cennini, the first [that I know of'] by a woman named Merrifield, a later one by a German individual whose name I don't have, and, most recently, one by Daniel V. Thompson.

Were these translations made from Cennini's nanuscript? Where did each of these individuals get copies of or access to the original document? Where is the manuscript presently?

I'm certain that one of you bright folk out there knows the answer?

Sally