[BKARTS] New from Convivio Bookworks: Works on Paper

Book Arts & Letterpress Folks:

Convivio Bookworks is pleased to announce the release of our newest limited edition book, "Works on Paper" by poet Shin Yu Pai, printed letterpress by hand on kozo papers using our Vandercook 4 Proof Press.

The poems are presented in four distinct cycles; the reader is guided through each cycle by endsheets of earthbound colored handmade Moriki paper. The book itself is sewn on a concertina of handmade Fabriano Roma paper, then bound in boards wrapped in Kumoi paper that is printed with beeswax and dyed in kakishibu--a traditional Japanese dye made from fermented persimmons. 125 copies were printed.

We find Shin Yu's poetry striking, haunting, fun. Beautiful in its simplicity. This collection of her work has paper and ritual as its theme: how paper is made, how paper is used. Paper as surface, paper in spirit. We have attempted, as best we can, to treat the poems with this in mind, and the book is designed with paper acting as medium, as guide, and as binding. We've chosen Eric Gill's Perpetua as the typeface.

On this Midsummer Day, we're happy to share this new work with you:

http://www.conviviobookworks.com

From our homepage, click the "Our Catalog" link, then "Letterpress Books." This one, we think, is a pretty special piece. Let us know what you think. We'll begin shipping Works on Paper next week.

John & Seth

"Thank you, and write when you can."
 Convivio Bookworks
 Inspired goods from around the globe and close to home...
 Books and broadsides, made by hand in Lake Worth, Florida.
 http://www.conviviobookworks.com