Re: [BKARTS] Blogging

Paul,
Definitely "a," and "b" in the sense of a credit line stating where the image came from (i.e. what site or who). Couldn't care less about cash... ;-). In terms of "c," I can hold my own in debate and can take the criticism.

His rambling was far from coherent, other than that he loves animals. As far as I'm concerned, it was just another anonymous rambling demonstrating an almost complete lack of understanding about the process of making books... His threat was mildly bemusing and I'd welcome a dialog with him, whoever he is.

p.

I'm sorry, Peter, I don't get it. Are you objecting to:

a) people borrowing images without permission?
b) people borrowing images without some kind of reciprocal exchange (courtesy, as above, or credit, or cash?),
or:
c) people borrowing images without following a particular political line given out by the lender?

This blogger's take on the sustainability of vellum production in the Middle Ages is, to say the least interesting, and I regret he didn't follow up on his threat to discuss it on "the Book Arts Web." His comment on the poor little moles who had to die so we could have "moleskin" is hilarious. None of this has anything to do with how he went about borrowing the images, except that it shows a rather reprehensible lack of interest in dialogue.

Paul Werner, New York

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>