Re: [BKARTS] Brass Type in US?

Peter,
While I agree that cast Lead Type is an economic alternative for hot stamping, there may be a short-coming. When I was using lead type, I found that some letters were not cast deep enough for stamping, especially when stamping leather. Some of those areas would easily fill-in with the stamping foil, creating a time-consuming clean-up problem. Some type may not have this problem.
I might also add that I heard that true Foundry Type is a little harder and a little more costly than the Mono-Type offered by some type suppliers. The harder, alloyed type should be able to withstand the heat and pressure better. I am sure there is someone on this List who has more information on this point?
Bill Minter