Re: [BKARTS] Copyright

well, not exactly.  generally when one borrows html --
one replace the content with one's own unique content.
a table layout in html is not any more unique an utterance
than a table layout in a word document.

in other words, it is not the theft of html source code that is the
problem.

I could format an entire book exactly in the same fonts as the harry
potter
with my own content and this would be taken as a parody, not a
plagiarization.
but if I claim that I am J.R Rawlings (or warner brothers), I would be
perpetrating
an entirely different crime.  which is what these people have done by
not altering
the <metatags>.

I would call Alice's situation a case of identity theft rather than a
copyright violation.

karen